|Mirror [#1]||Google Drive and Docs in 30 Minutes (2nd Edition).pdf||22,349 KB/Sec|
|Mirror [#2]||Google Drive and Docs in 30 Minutes (2nd Edition).pdf||25,308 KB/Sec|
|Mirror [#3]||Google Drive and Docs in 30 Minutes (2nd Edition).pdf||37,142 KB/Sec|
The top-selling guide to Google’s free online office suite is now available in a revised and expanded second edition, updated in 2018! Thirty minutes is all you'll need to get up to speed with Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides, the free online productivity suite and alternative to Microsoft Office. Millions of people use the software every day. You can use Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides to perform the following tasks:
• Write letters and reports
• Crunch numbers and create online data entry forms
• Give presentations
• Collaborate online with classmates and colleagues
• Convert Microsoft Office documents to Google formats, and vice versa
• Print documents, drawings, and spreadsheets
• Export PDFs
• Make pie charts, bar charts, and simple tables
• Publish documents and spreadsheets online
After covering registration, file creation and other basics, Google Drive and Docs In 30 Minutes (2nd Edition) zeroes in on the most important time-saving tips and productivity tools. Highlights include:
• Converting files between Microsoft Office and Google formats.
• Best practices for organizing files in Google Drive.
• What to expect with collaboration and sharing.
• The pros and cons of Google’s mobile apps for Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
• Accessing older versions of files.
• How to publish your documents to the Web for colleagues or members of the public to view.
• Functions, sorting and filtering in Google Sheets (with examples).
• Using Web Forms to gather data.
• Google Slides: Is it a suitable alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint?
• Working with offline files.
• Downloading third-party apps.
The tone of Google Drive and Docs In 30 Minutes is friendly and easy to understand, with lots of step-by-step instructions, screenshots, and examples. The guide can be used by anyone with a PC, Mac, or Chromebook. It also includes instructions for using Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides on Android and iOS phones and tablets.
Google Drive and Docs In 30 Minutes is authored by Ian Lamont, an award-winning technology and business journalist. He has written several books in the "In 30 Minutes" series, including Dropbox In 30 Minutes, Twitter In 30 Minutes, and Excel Basics In 30 Minutes.
Here’s what real reviewers are saying about Google Drive & Docs In 30 Minutes:
“I am so glad this was made! I've been using Google Docs for a while now and have been encouraging my teacher colleagues to do so as well to facilitate collaboration. It has become my go-to text book to help new users understand quickly. If you're new to Google Drive or Google Documents, this will help you. If you're experienced, and want something to help those who come to you with questions, this is a nice tool to help them remember what you show them. I highly recommend it.”
“I just got a new position that requires record keeping. Having used Google Docs in the past, I decided to update my knowledge. I googled "Docs for dummies" and this was one of the results. I liked the concept that the title implies - a concise guide that will distill what I need and allow me to complete a task quickly”
“A clear and concise explanation of how to navigate your way through google docs.”
“Excellent introduction to Google drive. Well researched, easy to read, nicely organized.”